Saturday, October 18, 2008

finally team A design team reveal with challenge for you!

so sorry about the delay everyone, its been a crazy week here! but without further ado here is team A's reveal!

this month i told the girls to pick their own sketch so here we go!

first i want to introduce our guest designer: Tracy aka nannytracy over at cafemom:

I am a SAHM who is homeschooling my 7 year old. My 4 year old granddaughter also lives with us (as does her mother, my 28 year old daughter). I have been married to my best friend for 15 years now, between us we now have 6 grandchildren.

I first started scrapping in 2001. At that time I had NO idea what was out there. I just knew that I had just returned from a once in a life time vacation and wanted to do something different with the pictures. I used plain white paper for all the backgrounds and added some strips of colored paper and stickers with lots of journaling. My hubby was so proud he took it to work and showed it off. One of the ladies in his office said something about scrapbooking and an Expo that was coming up in a couple of weeks. LOL. If he knew then what he knows now he probably wouldn't get the two of us together. I have been hooked ever since, but the best part is how much I have learned in the past year or so on CafeMom. The ladies in the scrapping groups I belong to are so talented and they have inspired me to think outside of my comfort zone on many occasions. The quality of my pages has improved immeasurably.

here is her sketch:

and here is her LO:
Products used:

paper from Western Crafts for the pumpkin paper piecing

DCWV textured card stock

craft ribbon from Wal-Mart

Title sticker is from Creative Imaginations

glitter glue



Renee: i used a sketch from pagemaps
here is my LO:
products used:
3 birds paper, DCVW rub-on's, K & CO alpha's, chipboard by TLC, handcut flowers,prima flowers

Lori:
here is her sketch she used:
lori's LO:
Products used:
Pink cardstock
Red and pink cardstock letters cut with Jasmine Cricut cartridge
Patterned paper: BLU-644 Cardstock by Basicgrey
Fiskars flower boarder punch
Sweetheart Bazzil In Stitch'z floss
Balloon stamp from Close to My Heart
Decorating Soft Chalks, Winter collection

Dawn:
her sketch she used:

Dawn's LO:

Products used:
sassafrass lass-butter cream bliss
maya road sheer journaling spots
glitz pink & white icing
ki memories white bouquet
hambly teal brocade transparency
american craft thickers vinyl in teal

Kimmie:
sketch kimmie used: from fiskars
her LO:
Products used:
Embellishements
Felt Border by Queen & Co.
Buttons by Sticko and Doodlebug Designs
Green Thread
Jolee Birthday Embellishments
Paper
Solid Blue Cardstock
Glitz Designer Paper


ok so here is my challenge to you! use one of the girls sketches to create your own, i will show a pic of a prize soon, so you have 1 week to sumbit your LO's
so here is how to win, post a comment here with your LO on your blog and or public gallery
also make a post on your blog about our contest-will enter you in the drawling twice!
in 1 week i will use random.org and winner will receive prize from us! so have fun and cant wait to see what you ladies come up with!
contest ends: 10/25-9pm eastern time


3 comments:

Deana said...

Great LO's everyone! :-)

T said...

Ladies! The LO's are all so wonderful! Y'all did a great job with the challenge of using your own sketch for this one..Maybe it will inspire me to do a LO or two...I can't wait to see what others come up with on the challenge to win the prize..

melita said...

I also used the Fiskars October sketch. You can see it here!
http://calonghorn.wordpress.com/2008/10/17/sketch-mania/