Thursday, January 15, 2009

some new things

so this month i wanted to do something different, i wanted to shake things up a bit and all i can say is wow! these girls have really done a great job

so there task was to make an altered item or home decor item
so here we go!

renee:
I have a ton of 4x4 blank coasters around,so i decided to try to make something with them
and i did ornaments for a few friends
i found shapes i liked and cut the coasters out, the papers used were all cosmo cricket line

Kimmie:


Papers/Canvas:

Solid Beige, Brown, and Black Cardstock

Creative Imaginations Patterned Paper

8x10 Artists Canvas

Embellishments:

S.E.I. Oasis Rub-Ons

4 Brown Brads

Colorbok Notepad

Michaels Ribbon

Tools:

EK Success Corner Punch

Nestabilities Large Labels

Sizzix Big Kick


Tish:

I started with January using the Ace, then each month follows ... February is 2, March is 3 ... Nov is the Jack and December is the Queen (or King!)
Cut a piece of cardstock or printed paper for the background added the playing card, the mini-calendar printout and a decoration for each month. I've got photos of several months. There is a magnet on the back of the clipboard so it can be put on the fridge or you can hang it by the clip.
I think it's fun. And it uses stuff I have readily at home!

Supplies Used:
* mini clipboard
* playing cards
* cardstock & printed papers (various)
* mini calendar print-out
* various embellishments for each month

Lori:
The funny thing is that I ended up looking in the basement in our pile of garage sale stuff and found it there! My trash became my treasure! LOL It was a file that we used for mail and I turned into a place to put my pictures to be scrapped
Before:
After:
List of items used:
Brown cardstock
K&Company Designer paper
Green flowers
Brad
Jasmine Cricut Cartridge
Green ribbon
Bo Bunny Ornamental Acrylic Stamp
Brown Ink

Dawn:


also we also having some great challenges over at our ning group and would love to see more people playing!
and if you have recently done a altered item, i would love to post it on our blog so email me at poconomommy406@hotmail.com
name:
supply list:
before and after photos (if possible)

so what are you waiting for lets see them!



1 comment:

Deana said...

Cute stuff, girls! :-)